Another frequent response to a physical or emotional trauma is the activation of the “fight or flight” mechanism of the sympathetic nervous system. If left unchecked, the resulting cascade of stress hormones can put a strain on many of the body’s systems.
The holistic approach utilized by Wendi Evans PT is aimed at restoring balance and harmony to the musculoskeletal and respiratory systems, the nervous system, the energetic matrix and the mind-body connection, if needed. As restrictions are released, the mobility of the affected structures is improved and the natural healing and corrective abilities of the patient are enhanced.
Benefits of this work include:
- Pain relief
- Reduction of muscle spasm or tension
- Increased mobility of the tissues and joints
- Improvement in posture and alignment
- Promotion of venous/lymphatic drainage
- Support for the organs and detoxification pathways
- Calming of the nervous system
- Improved energy flow throughout the body